about us | services | portfolio
clients | files | contact info | search
duber dot com: what, how, and huh
This area contains information and files that we hope will be of interest to our clients--both current and potential. If you feel there might be something missing here, please let us know and we'll see about getting it added.
January to December, 2008: It's been another very busy year. A few of our most interesting projects were:
(1) We developed three custom voice applications for a web-based National Language Laboratory led by the University of Oregon's Yamada Language Center (YLC). This customization involved integrating specialized versions of our LetsTalk a/v message boards, our LiveChat forums, and our TempRecorder into a Drupal host environment. Currently in beta, we are very excited about our ongoing collaboration with the YLC on this project.
(2) Following two successful rounds of pilots studies, this year we helped launch and are monitoring the next round of the National Institute of Health funded PULSE (Practical Use of the Latest Standards in Electrocardiography) Study. Currently, the lead investigators (Dr. Marge Funk, Yale University School of Nursing; and, Dr. Barbara Drew, University of California San Francisco School of Nursing) are collecting baseline data on nurses' knowledge, quality of care and patient outcomes. This part of the trial includes nearly 3,500 participants, who represent 15 hospitals in the US, and 1 each in Canada and Hong Kong.
(3) We continued to provide web-based placement testing services for the University of California at Berkeley's Summer English Language Institute. This year, in addition to some content improvements, we also implemented several technology upgrades to the Flash test instrument. Item analysis back up the client's assessment of how well the tests continue to perform.
(4) We built a new voice recording application for AmEnglish.com which is based entirely on Flash Actionscript 3 code (client-side) and targets the latest (version 3) Flash Media Interactive Server.
January to December, 2007: It's been another very busy year. A few of our most interesting projects were:
(1) We developed two custom voice applications based on our LetsTalk a/v message boards and our LiveChat forums as Building Blocks (plug-in like extensions) for the University of Oregon's sitewide Blackboard installation.
(2) We completed content revisions and helped with the administration, data collection and analysis of two large rounds of pilots studies of the National Institute of Health funded PULSE (Practical Use of the Latest Standards in Electrocardiography) Study with lead investigators Dr. Marge Funk, Yale University School of Nursing; and, Dr. Barbara Drew, University of California San Francisco School of Nursing.
(3) We continued to provide web-based placement testing services for the University of California at Berkeley's Summer English Language Institute. This year, we provided a major content revision of the test, which the program uses to assess English proficiency levels for students coming to their summer courses in English as a Second Language. The online test currently has sections covering reading, grammar, spelling, listening and writing skills.
(4) We provided updates to the design and content of the MAVisual website, a site offering Architectural Visualization services.
Please see our NEWS ARCHIVES for older listings.
Use the links in the "navigation station" or at the bottom of each page to find the information you are looking for. If you have a specific question that isn't answered on this site, please write to us at: email@example.com.
1. Can you
help us set up our website?
Absolutely! We can help register your domain name (i.e., your internet address); find an ISP to host your site; design, develop and maintain your site; and make sure it gets listed with the popular search engines.
2. Can you
help train us to update and revise our website on our own?
We sure can. We have lots of experience in training people in HTML design and publishing and very much enjoy leading workshops and short training sessions with individuals and groups.
3. What other
services do you provide?
At duber dot com, our services pretty much run the gamut from ground-up design of new sites to the redesign and maintenance of existing sites. We are highly experienced in website development, CD ROM authoring, and video production for both academia and business. We can handle just about any coding/programming challenge and specialize in the following:
Design and Optimization
We create, revise and streamline: text, graphics, audio, video, animation, QuickTime VR panorama and object movies, shockwave applications, interactive flash animations, and PDF documents--all for distribution on the web, cross-platform CD-ROM, video, kiosk, or other media type.
© 1999-2009 by Jim Duber and duber dot com. All rights reserved.